Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Week 36, 37, and 38

Well, our little man has arrived...so here is a combination post so I can get to the "good stuff"... AKA- Tripp!

Total Weight Gain:I gained a total of 13 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. (Now remember, I had lost a lot of weight in the beginning...so the 13 pounds sounds very deceiving!)
Maternity Clothes: Yes.  Most of the shirts are becoming too short in the belly.  Leggings and sweaters/tunics were a go-to the last few weeks.
Sleep: It was difficult to find a comfortable position the last few weeks I was pregnant.  I added a few pillows to the sleeping arrangement, which seemed to help a little.  I also started getting contractions at night time, which made me uncomfortable as well.
Best Moment of the Week(s): Going to the doctor each week was great!  I loved getting an update on how things were progressing.  At 36 weeks I was 80% effaced and 1 centimeter dilated. At 38 weeks I was 100% effaced and still 1 centimeter dilated
 Movement: Everything I read about the last few weeks in pregnancy stated that babies will slow down their movements because they have run out of room.  Tripp did not follow this rule.  While I still think he had run out of room, he did not let that stop him from still moving around in my belly...especially at night.
Food Cravings: I wouldn't saw I had any specific cravings.  I did want to eat and I always tried to finish my meal, although there seemed to be no room in the inn for a ton of food.  I can see why many small meals were recommended instead of 3 large ones.
Symptoms: Other than some contractions and hip pain I didn't have many symptoms I could complain about!

Week 36
Week 37
 Week 38

No comments: