Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Classroom Update

Each day at work has gotten a little better. In college it seemed as if my professors were always focused on how we manage transitions for our students...but I think transitions are equally as difficult for adults. This transition has not been an easy one, but I am getting through one day at a time. The kiddos are slowly realizing that I am not going anywhere and my assistant and I are finding the best ways to work together. Thank you for praying, and please continue to pray that each day continues to become easier!!!

On a positive note, rest time is great! At the school where I taught last school year my students had a rest time and it was lovely. This school year I was placed in a classroom with an AM/PM class so, neither group rested ...until the transition to the new school, and now I have the same group of kids all day, and along with that comes a rest time :o) You have to find the good in things right?!?

As I was doing my quiet time last Thursday morning (my second day at the new school), I came across this verse and I have carried it to work with me each day since. Sometimes it helps to have a reminder in your pocket! It is so neat to see the way the Lord speaks to us! Ever since I received the news I was having to transfer schools, I have wondered why this was happening and how this could possibly be in God's plan...then I stumbled across a verse I had heard many, many times, yet it took a whole different meaning this time around...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
-Jeremiah 29:11

God is good!

By the way...only 8 more days with kiddos (9 more work days) until Christmas Break (or winter break as we have to call it).

My other countdown I have going....11 days until graduation!!!! YEAH!!!

Oh, and for those wondering, I am going to do another round of Masters level classes....this time I am going to pursue an educational leadership/principalship license and an ESL endorsement added on to my teaching certificate.

No comments: